Are Porcelain Veneers Right For You? Spring Texas
An important aspect of our work at Vita Dental is to inform our patients on the most suitable dental procedures for them. We have seen many patients who have come to us wondering how they can redesign their smile. One option we recommend is porcelain veneers.
Porcelain veneers are a great option if you want a new smile. We recommend them to those people who have a healthy mouth but are unhappy with how their teeth look.
So, Are Porcelain Veneers Right For You?
This article is intended to answer this question. Porcelain veneers are used to repair various dental issues including:
- Crooked teeth
- Gapped teeth
- Discoloured teeth
- Misaligned teeth
- Broken teeth
- Overbite or underbite
Veneers can be arranged to straighten ones crooked teeth. After the procedure, your teeth will be perfectly straight. They can also be placed such that they seal any gaps appearing on your teeth. Porcelain veneers can also be used to ensure a more natural and efficient bite. The good thing about them is that they can be used on a single tooth or on multiple teeth and they are not painful nor are they invasive.
If you are in perfect oral health, you have enough enamel, can commit to the proper oral hygiene but you have any or more than one of the listed conditions, then porcelain veneers might just be the right dental procedure for you.
What is the procedure for getting porcelain veneers?
At Vita Dental, we will first evaluate your health history, enamel condition, and dental health to help us determine if veneers can be the perfect solution to your teeth problems. We will also listen to your expectations and the desired results.
There are many options for porcelain veneers and you and the dentist will go through them so that you can choose the most appealing. The dentist will then make a mold of your teeth that he will send to the lab for the creation of the porcelain veneers that are custom made for your teeth. The dentist will give you another appointment when the veneers will be placed.
During your second visit, the dentist will apply the veneers. To make them adhere securely to the teeth the dentist will have to first sand the tooth surface. The dentist will then remove half a millimetre of the tooth surface. The veneers are then placed individually to each tooth using an adhesive.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of having porcelain veneers?
Just like any other dental procedure, porcelain veneers have their benefits and drawbacks but as you will see, the pros outweigh the cons.
- They look like natural teeth. This is one of the reasons why they are popular even celebrities love them. It is impossible for someone to tell if you have veneers or it is just your natural teeth.
- They can last a lifetime. This is because they are very strong and provide a lasting strength that is similar to your natural tooth enamel.
- They perfectly redesign your smile such that your before and after pictures are unbelievable
- They are a painless procedure that can be done in a few hours after the dentist gets the veneers from the lab. They are extremely thin and are bonded directly to the tooth surface.
- They are non-invasive such there is no need to trim the tooth. There is no need for anaesthetic as they do not require drilling. You do not have to worry about complications that are common with invasive procedures such as root canals and dental implants
- They boost your confidence and self-esteem due to the perfect smile
- They do not interfere with your eating or drinking. As long as you follow the proper oral hygiene, you will be able to eat or drink anything you want after the procedure.
- If you have teeth infection or gum recessions they cannot fix such problems and your dentist will recommend that you fix such problems first
- They are a bit costly so if you intend to have extensive work on your teeth the cost might be on a higher side. However, as mentioned before they are intended to last a lifetime and it is not a procedure that you have to pay for every year.
- Porcelain veneers are permanent as the outer layer is removed so that you cannot take the veneer off
Why visit Vita Dental
When you are looking for a dental facility, it is important that you look for a facility that has friendly and professional dentists. At Vita Dental, we offer quality services. We also treat our patients like family. If you are worried about the cost of your dental veneers, do not be. We offer private financing services and accept most commercial insurances.
If you are in Spring Texas and wondering if there is a competent dentist to handle the fixing of your porcelain veneers, we have one. Dr Seung Son is one of the most experienced dentists in cosmetic dentistry. He is also academically qualified, certified, and recognized by the relevant dentistry boards and bodies. He has lived in Texas for more than five years. If you ask around his reputation is great. You will find him at Vita Dental and he is one of the best options you have when considering someone to fix your porcelain veneers.