Clear Aligner is an innovative orthodontic aligner made from dental-grade plastic. It has become increasingly popular as it eliminates many of the drawbacks posed by other types of aligners, like metal dental braces.
Clear Aligners are highly advanced orthodontic appliances backed by state-of-the-art software, which makes scanning teeth, determining the severity of the malocclusion, fabricating the aligners, and monitoring the treatment progress easier and more accurate.
What Are the Advantages ofClear Aligners?
- Clear Aligner is a removable aligner, making the treatment procedure extremely convenient.
- With Clear Aligner, you have no dietary restrictions. You simply take them off, eat anything you wish, clean your teeth thoroughly, and place the aligners back.
- Because the aligners are made from transparent plastic, they are less noticeable. Even when you smile, talk, or laugh, they won’t be as visible as metal braces. This feature is most appreciated by teenagers and young adults as they can keep their orthodontic treatment discreet.
- The aligners do not have any sharp corners, metal parts, or other components that could harm the soft tissues in your mouth. They are fabricated with high precision and have rounded off edges.
- Parents can track the progress of their child's orthodontic treatment with the blue compliance indicators on the aligner walls. Using these indicators, you can check if they are using their aligners all the time, as directed by the dentist.
- With Clear Aligners, there is almost no pain and discomfort caused by the movement of the teeth.
- Clear Aligners can easily fix many complicated types of malocclusion.
How Is the Treatment Carried Out?
During your first visit to our office, we will use a bite test to understand the type and severity of your malocclusion. The dentist will then scan the mouth using a hand-held scanner and take X-rays of the teeth. The data rendered from these scans is used to create a 3D digital impression of the teeth.
The dentist can use it to get an unlimited number of views of the teeth and explain to you how the treatment will be carried out. What’s even more impressive is that the software can create a 3D simulation of the movement of the teeth, which will give you a preview of what your smile will look like after the treatment.
Your dentist can provide the aligners within a few days of your first visit and will guide you through how to use them. Clear aligners must be worn for at least 22 hours each day and taken off only when eating or brushing your teeth. It is also essential that you maintain proper oral hygiene during this time as it ensures the aligners apply steady pressure on the teeth. Every two weeks, you will receive a new set of aligners to help you advance to the next stages of treatment.
If you would like to schedule a consultation with one of our Dentist in Katy and get your oral concerns addressed, don’t hesitate to call Vita Dental at (713) 766-1208 or make an online appointment, and we'll be happy to help.